Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 HOLIDAY SEASON

Wow, it's hard to believe I missed writing during the best month of the year. December! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and remembered the reason for the season. Christmas was at my house as usual. It was a joyous day. I worked Christmas eve so Christmas day was already gonna be a short one for me. I had all my kids at home. This is the first year in 15yrs that we were on a serious budget. So material gifts were dramatically lowered. But the spiritual gifts were cherished and will be everlasting. The economy is crap + our second house hasn't sold = bills are piling up. Living in it 3 days a week is nice. But I won't miss it when it sells. All in all we had a wonderful Christmas being together. We got a Wii for the family and that IS all it's cracked up to be. This game creates alot a family fun. After I played it for a whole day, I couldn't believe how sore I was. I actually thought I had the flu or something. But really it was that I am so damn out of shape. I went to get on the scale, and yes I have gained 6 pounds this holiday season. What a bummer or a bitch depending your mood as you read this. I am gonna start eating better though. ASAP!! Then New Year's Eve came along. We did something new. WE GOT A HOTEL ROOM!!!! The Embassy Suites no doubt. We stayed on the Ambassador Level. Yeah we've been to the Cool Springs location lots of times, but this is the first time we stayed on the Ambassador Level were you have to use your room key to access the floor. I felt so prestigious. But I must say Embassy Suites in Memphis was much nicer. Their Ambassador Level was always stocked with fresh lemon/lime water, fresh fruits, fresh coffee or cocoa, and other snacks. Also our daughter and her boyfriend joined us. We went to the manager's reception that serves drinks and snacks. I tried some new drinks and they were FANTASTIC!! We went to Chili's to eat afterwards. Had a few margaritas, then back to hotel. We each went to our own room and agreed to join up at midnight for champagne toasts. I laid down at 11:45p and thought I will get up in a few minutes. Well long story short, I got up at 3am. Yep you are right we all missed it. My hunny and I was still in our clothes knocked out. And as I managed to get myself to the fridge for a soda, I noticed what a beautiful view we had overseeing the mall lights and scenery. Of course I got undressed and enjoyed the rest of the morning. Well that's the long and short of my 2008 holiday season.

No comments: