Monday, January 5, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Oh my how time flies!! Today is my 18th year wedding anniversary. 18 years ago we promised to God ourselves to each other only. But you know how we do, we've been together for almost 26yrs. All I have to say is that it seems like yesterday. Time is never long when you are with your soul's companion. And after 4 kids, dirty diapers, 3am bottle feedings, colds, homemade mother's day and father's day gifts and cards, many many birthday parties, school projects, tons of sports practices and games, and graduations galore from kindergarten to college. With 24yrs of raising kids and still counting it has been worth it. There are lots more to fill in and talk about, but I'm sure you get the picture. Our lives have been a blessing. And we have 4 ways to prove it. So as we celebrate this special day. I am sure we will reminisce about how blessed our lives have been together, the ups and downs. Our good choices, and not so good. Looking forward to another 18yrs together. And the secret you ask? Communication is the key, but marriage is 50-50, sometimes 40-60, and never 20-80. I do know marriages like that and why stay in it I ask? Who knows?
Cause that is not for me, so I guess I just wouldn't be married.
So with all that being said, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

No comments: